I Fucking Hate: The trendy emo/goth scene.

Go suck a fucking whale penis. You're not sad, mad or different. You're just attention-whoring.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Anthony: Religion, Fustration and Mishmash

Reading back across a few posts in the large archive of hate, I noticed that Alex made a post about religion at one point. It was a good post, go find it.

But the point, as it is, is presented as such: Don't Convert.

Sure, other religions may fustrate you, be it with their dramatic il/logicality, their blatant excuses for bad behavior, contradiction of personal belief or restriction of freedoms, but thats's no reason to be a fucktard about it. It's like trying to convince a gay not to be gay because butsecks can perhaps cause spinal trouble or some shit. Sure, it might, but in the end, it's not affecting you, so stfu.

There is an exception to this rule, and that's why I'm here.
It goes thusly;

If said religion breaches personal rights, disrupts your life or actively seeks to iconvenience or negatively effect you and/or your life, then the above rule is void and may be replaced with common sense.

In other words: If that religion is damaging your life quality, strike back with common sense in order to remove them from your life.

This is of course very general, but you get the idea. I'm all for spirited debate and a rant here and then, but sometimes people take it too far.
We all have our own reasons, and sometimes its best left at that.

If I can convert someone, not strictly even to atheism/agnosticism, but simply to a little bit or practical thinking, then my life is made a little better for the fact that I may have just helped them in some way. Of course, I might have started a chain reaction that leads to depression from a lack of purpouse, but that's a bridge to cross when it's reached.

Many people do simply use religion as a comforter, and if it works for you, then thats nice, but please don't try to convert me. I've got my own chance-created universe to laugh at, don't put a funny little cloud-man in there, I'm not sure I can stand that much comedy.

Half the problem of religion, and in some cases depression, in my eyes, is purpouse. Lack of it, or not being able to meet it, seems to be a pretty big problem. Long ago, I kinda had some sort of gradual revalation, that pretty much ended up with me believing that life, in general, is there to be lived, oppurtunitues, lack of, and everything else, all in a fucking bundle dumped on the doorstep of your consciousness. You're shoved into it, bundled around a bit and eventually you fall out, whether or not you had a good time. Delayed gratification doesn't come into it at this point, because the reward is uncertain. But what you can see and feel here is tangible, and you can work with that for now.

Of course, I was nowhere near as eloquent at the time. And my continued belief in something like this ends up fustrating me as I see too many people living for a future. Not just 'the' future, but 'a' future they believe exists. Not enough people live for the now, or at least, not enough people live for the now without being complete fucking morons. I say this because I can't imagine the morons having any plans for the future other than "fuck, drink, drugs, douchebaggery", and even then, it's a vauge, habit-instilled subconscious memory.

But hey, it's the same old 'live for the moment' shit.
Take the fucking chance, because hey, some people regret taking an oppurtunity, but most regret letting it slip by. Sitting back gets you shit, but leaping forward gets you somwhere.

All the anger that's here, all the fustration and yelling in this blog, ammounts to not very much. Practically nobody reads this. Those that do and don't know me get offended, I laugh, things go on. It's an outlet of sorts, like venting nuclear waste into space. Fuck-all is going to complain out there, and if it does, it's hardly going to be able to stand up to the torrent for long.

Not many people get a lot of things. Some of these things I say, some others say. Some i disagree with, some i agree with. There will be protestations, sometimes on my part, and often I will disregard my own advice, becuase I like you lot to think that I'm human, squishy, mortal and fallible.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I've got some wisdom to impart on the real world. And no, it's not poop.


Well, maybe some of it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment