I Fucking Hate: The trendy emo/goth scene.

Go suck a fucking whale penis. You're not sad, mad or different. You're just attention-whoring.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Anthony-'Tis the Season to be Grumpy, tralala, lalalala.

Ah, Christmas. For us in Australia, this means no school, lots of sun, warm pools, lazy afternoons and all the pleasures of shopping in a crowded mall in 30+ degree temperatures.

James, a good friend of mine, has started blogging. His post is below, for your viewing pleasure.
(James, I have made some minor alterations to your post, I'll run over them with you as soon as you give me your email). As he has already made many points about consumerism and the meaning of Christmas, much of what I was going to say has been rendered redundant.

I will instead focus on something better: How cold it is in England. According to Rob, it is cold enough to freeze his nipples off.
The temperature over there is predicted to be somewhat in the region of 0 degrees.
Fun times.

As i type, there are a bunch of disorderly and loud people having a social get-together a few houses down, and I bet that most of them are not very religious. Neither do they, when they open presents, think of Jesus.

Christmas is no longer a primarily religious celebration. I've never met an atheist that would miss out on the oppurtunity to get free shit. That's what it is to me as well. Sure, it's a time to be happy and forgiving, but I feel no guilt for piggybacking of a holiday that someone else invented and believes in. They can do my believing for me, because right now, I'm too busy getting free shit.

All those people who complain and boycot christmas because it;s not their religion have missed the point: It's not a religious holiday. If it was, it wouldn't be a full western celebration. It;s a public holiday.

End.

Quote of the Post:

You have to find a way of working that makes it dead easy to take full advantage of your inspired moments. They never hit at a convenient time, nor do they last long.

Hugh Macleod

No comments:

Post a Comment