I Fucking Hate: The trendy emo/goth scene.

Go suck a fucking whale penis. You're not sad, mad or different. You're just attention-whoring.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

James-First Blog Entry -Christmas

Okay, so excuse me if this isn't really good. Believe me, I'm sorry if:

1) It isn't funny, interesting or indeed anything at all
2) This is completely irrelevant and you don't think anything of it
3) If me grammar and spelling is really bad, I may have got an A in English but for some reasons I've always had a problem with grammar (also the bad grammar in that point was an example, I'm not really that bad, but you get the idea)
4) If I make bad puns ( I have a habit of doing it, so please bear with me)

I'm the same age as Alex and Anthony and I'm sure there is no way that I will ever catch up to their high quality of blog writing (note: sucking up, look I need to put in a good word for them seeing as they allowed me to write this entry in the first place), and I also am someone who believes in freedom of the press and stuff like that, much like Anthony.

Now with my introduction out of the way. I will move on to what I really wanted to write about which is the way in which Christmas is marketed now-a-days. So I'm a Baha'i, so I'm not Christian but I firmly believe that Christmas should not be about what it is about now. I'm sure most people would agree with me, Christmas is not a celebration of someone's birthday but rather an excuse for the multi-national companies to sell more stock and drive up profits. Today I went shopping (yes I know I'm over using the brackets and it's getting old but for me going shopping is a big deal) and yes I have noticed this before but seriously I find it annoying how everything is dressed up for Christmas and how you must get everything to satisfy you and your friends and family's appetite for gifts.

It probably sounds like I am nit-picking here, but it honestly annoys me. Every Christmas and every Easter I cannot believe the sham that the holidays have become. If you are Christian then you should be celebrating the birth of Jesus in a way that doesn't involve buying heaps of things, and if you are non-religious (which I know Anthony is) then you should just keep going on with your lives (although I do reckon that the public holidays should be kept because everyone needs the opportunity to get off work and do nothing!)

So I ask you all to think of other this Christmas, and not in the way James and Erica Packer did, they gave a village of Africans a $200 water pump despite the fact that they are amongst the richest people in Australia. No I ask all of the 5 or so people that actually read this blog to help the people in your local community, not with money, but with time and effort, because we must start somewhere in making this world a better place.

Yes I know this blog entry broke at least 3 of the top 4 rules, I'd like to here which ones it was successful in breaking though, just so next time I can make sure that I break all of my rules, coz really who doesn't wanna be a rebel?

Yea, James
( check out my crappy website where I have my own blog that I never write in @: Shoalla.tk)

1 comment:

  1. " If you are Christian then you should be celebrating the birth of Jesus in a way that doesn't involve buying heaps of things"

    Yeah I'm Christian and we celebrate the birth of Jesus on Christmas and around it but I find we also celebrate Christmas. Christmas and Christ have now separated, its like two holidays on the same day.But are you trying to say, that we shouldn't buy heaps of things? haha i enjoy the "Mas" part of Christmas (Yeah I know, really bad...) The gifts, the laughter, the fun, it gives people time with their family which in some cases they wouldn't have. <3 Christmas <3 Christ <3 Gifts and giving them :)))

    ReplyDelete