I Fucking Hate: The trendy emo/goth scene.

Go suck a fucking whale penis. You're not sad, mad or different. You're just attention-whoring.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Musical Discrimination and Cults.

Music attracts some of the most opinionated and deluded people in the world, and somehow leads them to believe that;
a) Their ideas are correct, everyone else is wrong.
and b) Everyone else wants to know, and cares deeply.

Sounds somewhat like me, eh?

Well, I've got some very definate opinions on the subject, as usual.
Firstly, I don't believe that the artist/s should get in the way of the actual music. Sure, love them, hate them, be like them, but don't use them as an excuse to bash the music.
Personally, I hate a great many artists (because they're media whores and douche bags in general) but I listen to their music regularly.

Secondly, the fact that musicians often have a 'stage' personality and a real one. People get these confused, and just because they act a certain way when on stage or in a video, hate on them when in reality it was a stunt, or part of the act. Learn to differentiate, guys.

Lastly (phew) is the subject of labeling. As in, 'If you hate one song, hate them all', and 'If you hate this genre, hate them' and so forth and so on.
It really makes little difference to me. If I like music, I like it. I hate on certain genres out of experience, and almost always there's an exception.
For example: Rap/rock blend, hate them all, except for HU
Hate new wave/hip hop, except for Kevin R
It goes on. And there are few of the good olds that I hate.

And it continually shocks me how narrow minded some people can be. It will do forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment